Nuclear abolition is more important than ever before. Join us for this global campaigners meeting.
Nuclear disarmament activists from around the world will meet to share campaign reports, discuss nuclear disarmament strategy, explore opportunities for action and plan further campaigns.
Now is the time to take action for nuclear abolition!
Nuclear armed countries are elevating their nuclear threat postures and upgrading their nuclear weapons systems at a cost of many billions of dollars. At the same time the United Nations has initiated negotiations this year on a treaty to prohibit nuclear weapons, and will hold a High Level Conference in 2018 to build further political pressure for progress. Everyone is welcome. Everyone is important. Everyone can make a difference.
#3DnukeMissile and Rally: Sunday April 30. 2pm – 4pm.
Graben 21/Ecke Kohlmarkt (adjacent to Stephanplatz)
Abolition 2000 Global Council Dinner. Sunday April 30. 7pm.
EATALICO PRATERSTRAßE, Praterstraße 31 (next to the Nestroyplatz U station)
Abolition 2000 Annual Meeting: Monday May 1. 8:30 am – 5pm
Donau City Church, Donau-City-Straße 2, Vienna, Austria. (Right next to the United Nations)
- Abolition 2000 AGM Draft Agenda
- Founding statement
- Operating principles
- History of the network
- Report from the Working Group on Beyond Missile Defense and Space Weapons
- De-alerting Step 1 Working Group Report
- Report from the Basel Peace Office on network management
- Proposal for a Global call for the 2018 UN High Level Conference on Nuclear Disarmament
- Basel Peace Office proposal to host the Abolition 2000 secretariat office