- This event has passed.
Webinar on Move the Nuclear Weapons Money: Divesting from Destruction. Investing in peace and sustainability
July 30 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm EDT
Abolition 2000 and the World Future Council invite you to participate in a webinar on
Move the Nuclear Weapons Money: Divesting from Destruction. Investing in peace and sustainability
Tuesday July 30. 11:00 – 12:30 USA Eastern time. 5pm – 6:30pm Central Europe time
Alyn Ware (World Future Council/Abolition 2000, Czech Republic/New Zealand). Introduction to the webinar and the Move the Nuclear Weapons Money project/campaign
- Laurie Smolenski (Institute for Economics and Peace, USA). The economic value of peace
- Maevyn Davis-Rackerby (Parliamentarians for Nuclear Non-proliferation and Disarmament, USA). Cutting nuclear weapons budgets
- Clara Vondrich (DivestInvest, USA): Lessons from fossil fuel divestment and impact investment
- Rob van Riet (World Future Council, Chile/Netherlands): Nuclear weapons divestment at federal level and connections with fossil fuel divestment
- Thies Kätow: (World future Council/PNND, Germany). Nuclear weapons divestment by states, cities and pension funds
Over the next ten years the nuclear armed countries plan to spend over 1 trillion US dollars on the nuclear arms race. Those manufacturing the nuclear weapons are making a fortune, and are actively promoting the nuclear arms race. This webinar will explore strategies and actions to reverse the financial interests in nuclear weapons by action to cut nuclear weapons budgets, end investments in nuclear weapons corporations, increase investments in peace and sustainability, and promote the economic value of peace.
This is the third in a series of webinars being organized by Abolition 2000 on various nuclear disarmament issues and campaigns.
Click here to register. For more information see Abolition 2000 working group on economic dimensions of nuclearism and Move the Nuclear Weapons Money.
For instructions on logging in on the zoom platform see Move the Nuclear Weapons Money webinar zoom instructions.
- Aboliton 2000 webinar Laurie Smolenski presentation
- Presentation by Maevyn on Cutting Nuclear Weapons Budgets in the US
- Presentation by Thies on Nuclear Divestment City State level Germany