We invite you to join one of the launch events on December 10 and 11 for Youth Fusion, the new platform and nuclear abolition action plan being launched by the youth group of Abolition 2000, Global Network to Eliminate Nuclear Weapons.
Youth Fusion will be launched in conjunction with UN Human Rights Day in two sessions:
Session 1: Timed to suit Asia and the Pacific.
Thursday December 10. 8am Central Europe Time (10 am Moscow, 1pm Dhaka, 4pm Tokyo/Seoul, 7pm Suva)
- Tony Robinson (UK). Member, Abolition 2000 Coordinating Committee
- Nuriya Azamatova (Kazakhstan). Organizer & Ambassador, Youth Peace Week Kazakhstan.
- Solomon Yeo (Solomon Islands). Pacific Islands Students Fighting Climate Change, World’s Youth for Climate Justice
- Divina Maloum (Cameroon). Founder of Children for Peace. Co-winner (with Greta Thunberg) of the 2019 International Children’s Peace Prize
- Karlo Jayson M. Abila (Philippines). President & CEO of the Global Institute for Youth Development
Additional information is posted on the Session 1 event facebook page.
Session 2: Timed to suit the Americas, Europe and Africa.
Friday December 11. 11:30 Eastern time USA/Canada. (5:30pm CET)Speakers:
- Jackie Cabasso (USA). Member, Abolition 2000 Coordinating Committee
- Cristopher Cruz (USA). Founder, Nuclear-Free Schools
- Vanessa Lanteigne (Canada). National Coordinator at Canadian Voice of Women for Peace. Finalist, UN #75Words4Disarmament Youth Challenge
- Eric Mbotiji (Cameroon). Chair, United Nations Youth Association Network
- Ariana Smith (USA). Executive Director, Lawyers’ Committee on Nuclear Policy
- Niamh Healy (UK). President, Student and Youth Pugwash UK
- Marie-Claire Graf (Switzerland), Member of World Future Council Youth Present. Global Focal Point for YOUNGO, the Children and Youth constituency to United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
Additional information is posted on the Session 2 event facebook page.
About Youth Fusion
Youth Fusion provides a wide a range of resources, initiatives and actions for youth from all corners of the globe and from all walks of life – whether they are students, academics, parliamentarians, young professionals, youth activists or or merely youth interested in nuclear disarmament.
Youth Fusion also brings together youth working on nuclear disarmament with those working on peace, climate, disarmament of other weapons, human rights, justice, sustainable development and building back better from the pandemic.
And Youth Fusion organises forums and events for inter-generational dialogue, so that youth and those more experienced can listen and learn from each other and build cooperation for more effective policy action.