- This event has passed.
ATOMIC BOMB AWARENESS DAY – United Nations in Vienna
August 8, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm UTC+0
Verein GENBAKU NO HI In cooperation with The NGO Committee on Peace, Vienna and The United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs at Vienna
Invite you to the
2017 GENBAKU NO HI Event
Tuesday, 08 August 2017, 12:00p.m.-1:30p.m.
Vienna International Centre, Rotunda
Commemorating the anniversaries of the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- Ms. Yuko Gulda, Founder, Verein GENBAKU NO HI
- Mr. Ismail H. Balla, Chief, United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs at Vienna (UNODA)
- Mr. Bozorgmehr Ziaran Acting Chief, External Relations, Protocol and International Cooperation CTBTO Preparatory Commission
- H.E. Mr. Franz Josef Kuglitsch Director of the Department for Disarmament, Arms Control and Non-Proliferation Austrian Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs
- Mr. Naobumi Yokota, Counsellor, Permanent Mission of Japan to the United Nations (Vienna)
- Mr. Matthias Gruber, Counsellor, Permanent Mission of the Federal Republic of Germany to the United Nations (Vienna)
- Ms. Marzhan Nurzhan: Coordinator CIS countries, Parliamentarians for Nuclear Non-Proliferation and Disarmament (PNND)
- Dr. Klaus Renoldner, Chair, NGO Committee on Peace, Vienna
- Ms. Nadja Schmidt, Executive Director, International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) Austria
- Dr. Peter Weish, Associate Professor, Agricultural University Vienna (BOKU)
Artistic Programme: United Nations Choir, Traditional Japanese tea ceremony, Origami corner Modern dance, classical music, breakdance
Exhibitions: Ikebana – Anesama dolls – Posters for Peace – 3D ArtA ground pass is required to enter the Vienna International Centre (VIC). If you do not have a permanent pass, please register at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3 August 2017. Please provide your details: Title (Mr. or Ms.), First name, Last name,
Date of birth, Type of photo ID, ID number and Issuing Country. Please present the registered identity document at Gate 1 of the VIC, 1220 Wien, Wagramerstrasse 5, on 8 August 2017.
The venue is best reached by Subway U1 (Kaisermühlen).