- This event has passed.
International Women’s Day inter-generational dialogue on nuclear disarmament
March 8, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm CET
Monday March 8 at 18:30 CET (12:30 Eastern time USA/Canada)
An inter-generational dialogue highlighting the important roles of women in the peace, disarmament and security fields, and the importance of including gender approaches to these issues in order to build more effective and sustainable security for all.
The event will include the launch of the PNND Gender, Peace and Security program, which consolidates and builds upon the work Parliamentarians for Nuclear Non-proliferation and Disarmament (PNND) has been doing on gender and nuclear disarmament since their establishment in 2003.
Speakers: Women leaders
- Ms Izumi Nakamitsu (United Nations). UN Under-Secretary-General and High Representative for Disarmament Affairs;
- Dr Hedy Fry MP (Canada). Special Representative on Gender Issues for the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe;
- Cynthia Lazaroff (USA). Filmmaker. Founder of US-Russia Initiatives and NuclearWakeUpCall;
Speakers: Young women
- Vanessa Lanteigne (Canada). National Coordinator of Voice of Women;
- Kehkashan Basu (UAE/Canada). Founder of Green Hope Foundation, UN Human Rights Champion, Winner of the 2016 International Children’s Peace Prize & Winner of the First-Ever Voices Youth Gorbachev-Shultz Legacy Award for Nuclear Disarmament;
- Lejla Hasandedic-Dapo (Bosnia and Herzegovina). Europe Liaison Officer for United Religions Initiative. Board member of European Interfaith Youth Network;
- Nico Edwards (Sweden/UK). PNND Gender, Peace and Security Program Officer;
- Yasmeen Silva (USA). Partnerships Manager for Beyond the Bomb.
Registration is required. Click here to register.