- This event has passed.
PACEY Youth Award 2022 event
January 21 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am CET
Description: Peace, nuclear Abolition and Climate Engage Youth (PACEY) Award.
Two prizes of €5000 Euro each will be awarded to exemplary youth projects or initiatives to advance peace, climate protection and/or disarmament, especially nuclear disarmament.
The event is held in conjunction with the Basel Peace Forum 2022 and the Peace, climate action and nuclear abolition intergenerational Forum.
- Chair: Marzhan Nurzhan, Deputy Director, Basel Peace Office. Co-convener, Youth Fusion.
- Welcome: Lukas Ott. Head of Cantonal and City Development Unit, President’s Department, Canton Basel-Stadt;
- Introduction to the PACEY Award: Dr Andreas Nidecker, President, Basel Peace Office
- Report on 2021 PACEY Award winning projects: a) World Youth for Climate Justice, b) Platform for Peace and Humanity
- Presentations from the six finalists for the 2022 PACEY Award.
- Voting by participants to determine the two winners for 2022.
- Presenting the award to the winners.